Mar. 05, 2023
I Am A Church Member March 5, 2023
Pt6 I Will Treasure Church Membership as a Gift
1 Corinthians 12:27-28 … Ephesians 2:8-9 … Numbers 1:1-5
Two Distinct Scenarios…
Option #1…We approach church membership similar
to country club members. (CCM’s)
- We are joining the church to see what we can get out of it.
· We expect perks…privileges…& service
- Don’t ask us to Serve or contribute to the work of the church
Option #2… It’s the Biblical option that sees Church Membership as a Gift,
Something to Be Treasured!
- Our entire attitude is different when we approach church membership the Biblical Way.
- It means we have the privilege to serve & give…
- When we repent of our Sin & place our Faith in Jesus Christ we receive the
Gift of Salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9
- When we receive the Gift of Salvation…we become part of the Body of Christ.
1 Cor. 12:27-28
Membership in the Body of Christ, the Church, is a gift from God
So… Universal Church or Local Church?
Bible Study … Numbers 1:1-5
1. According to Numbers 1:3… this was to find out how many people could be
counted on in case of trouble.
2. Do not miss that... This also happens to be a major point concerning
It’s important to know who can be counted on.
Question: Why Belong to a Church? Six Reasons
1. For Your Own Assurance
2. For the Good of Others
3. For Your Own Good
4. For the Good of Your Leaders
5. For the Good of Unbelievers
6. For Your Own Perseverance