Feb. 19, 2023
I Am A Church Member February 26, 2023
Pt4 I Will Pray For My Church Leaders
Ephesians 4:11…1 Peter 5:1-4 & 1 Peter 3:1-11
10 Ways to Help Your Pastor
1. Praying for your Pastor’s Daily will help them... and it will
keep you tender toward their Leadership. James 5:16 & Heb. 4:16
- Pray for Him and His Family
- Pray for His Protection
- Pray for His Physical & Mental Health
- Pray for other Church Leaders
2. Show up... for the Preaching of God’s Word... 1 Peter 5:1-2
1st Baptist... “Every Christian needs three to thrive”…
Sunday Morning Worship … Small Group Bible Study … Regular Service to the Lord
3. Pick a Ministry...and Be Faithful by Serving… John 12:26
- Jesus taught that the primary attribute for His followers was faithfulness.
Rare is the church member today who can always be counted on for serving faithfully.
4. Obey the Lord...in your Stewardship… 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- The church needs your offerings for the Lord’s work.
- More importantly, you need to be obedient to the Lord and give it.
- If every church member were obedient about giving, churches would
be looking for more good ways to use the Lord’s money.
5. Teach your Children...to Respect their Pastor… Hebrews 13:7
6. Envision a Great Future... for your Church… Proverbs 29:18
- Focus on the wonderful opportunity you have to see people saved,
baptized, growing in the Lord,
- Get excited about the events, outreach efforts, and special meetings.
7. Take an Active Part...in making that Vision a Reality James 1:22
8. Increase Your LOVE...for your Church Family Heb 3:12
- Be faithful in prayer for one another… James 5:16 & Eph. 6:18
- Be aware of those who are struggling and look for ways to help… Hebrews 3:12-13
- Extend personal care to each other...function as the body of Christ. Galatians 6:2
9. Share Christ & Your Church...with Others Luke 14:23
10. Keep a Positive Spirit… Psalm 146:5 & 1 John 5:4